Family Class Sponsorships

If you are a citizen or permanent resident in Canada you can sponsor certain relatives to come and live in Canada as permanent residents of Canada provided that the applicant must be at least 18 years old. The time of the application process varies based on number of factors such as, but not limited to the country of the sponsored person and relationship to the applicant.

For sponsoring parents or grandparents, the applicant must support them financially for a period as specified under this category, make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government, and provide for your own essential needs and those of your parents and grandparents and their dependants